Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Nagasawa

  

Nagasawa

A friend of mine once referred me a book I would never had read otherwise. It's called Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami. It's surely un-mainstream. It isn't a page-turner and I doubt it's the kind of book you'll instantly like. When my friend first read it he thought it was boring, now he's a fan of Murakami and he has been collecting Murakami's books ever since. 

It's not a favorite but I liked it on my first read albeit I skipped some explicit parts. The novelty of reading a book outside my comfort zone was intriguing to me. I alse liked it's rythm, it read like a slow song. The characters were different and complex and somehow, I still haven't figured what makes them tick. They're oddly baffling and cliche at the same time. Years after I read it, I still remember quite clearly the characters, their stories, and their names which rarely happens even with my favorite books. My favorite among the characters is Nagasawa. He's such an arse.

Anyway, I recently stumbled upon a site full of beautiful art works and when I saw this (the picture above), it immediately reminded me of Nagasawa. It's somehow like how I imagined him to look like. The artist, Dahlia, got his aura right on too. When I browsed her other works, I noticed that her other characters were glowing with their own unique personality too. It's kind of realistic, in a figurative sense. I love those kinds of art: the ones that tell a story.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's really interesting. I will definitely check out the book.

    I hope it's as good as The Hunger Games.

    I really enjoyed reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. The deleted comment above was deleted because of a typo. Just in case you were wondering. Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete